2.07.2012

Light Before the Dark

December 2012, the so-called "end of the world" is just around the corner. Months away from now. We might not even realize it coming. 

Everything became a mystery: how the world became to exist; how the world changed; how humans evolved or how humans were created. Every piece of life, every second of it, is a sparkle amidst the great ocean of darkness the world has become. Every bit of life became a ray of hope, but thinking that all of this, everything we know, will come to an end - months from now. I'm not saying that I believe the Mayan calendar. I'm not saying I want the world to end. But what if? The biggest question we can ask is "what if it's true?" Are we ready?

I'm not ready to see the earth splitting, the sky falling, the ground shaking, everything built strong and tall crumbling to their knees. I'm not ready for something fatal that nothing is certain. Nothing at all. Who would survive? What comes after? I'm not ready to face the end. I'm just not ready. My life, as I know it, has just yet to begin. I haven't LIVED.

I have been isolating myself - a lot - from the world. I have been busy with myself. I just came to realize after asking myself "what if the world will really end this December?" that why not enjoy this life, this world, while I still have it? There's nothing to lose right? There are so many books that will remain unread, so many treasures unclaimed, so many souls yet to meet, so many goals yet to achieve. But with only so little time left, will there be time to do all of that? Why not go outside, enjoy the restless souls around you and whatnot meet them and be friends? Why not go outside in the fields of green, relax and feel the embrace of nature? I haven't started living yet, but I know I need to wake up and live every single day to the fullest - like my last day. Everything's not permanent, so why not get a grasp of it while it's still there? I'm dead right now, but I know... I need to start living someday.



Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment