7.12.2008

FeEdInG PrOgRaM

Every year in our CLE class, there are things we should do for our project that makes up 20% of our grade. During the 2nd year, we are asked to join a parish involvement group where we will assist children during mass. This year, there are two activities, Feeding Program and Gawad Kalinga.

In the feeding program we are asked to assist children to eat. We went to our school's parish, St. Dominic Savio Parish. When we got there, the first thing that came to my mind is food for I know we will assist them in eating. That's what I'm expecting. But a surprise came. We are asked to tutor a child. Well, that's a surprise but I felt happy. At first, I felt shy for I just knew my partner, the glooming, happy and smart Rica. I asked questions about her. She is in 4th grade and really loves mathematics. That's what we focused on, Mathematics. I asked questions in mathematics and she is really good at it. I taught her some of my techniques in mathematics and taught her new stuff. We really got along so well that I really treated her as my younger sister. After the tutorial, I noticed the big smile on her face. She even introduced me to her mom. I felt very happy for I know that my help, even though it's not that big of a help, is appreciated and is put into good use. I guided her throughout the activity. I even assisted her in getting her food.

The most painful and happiest part is the "good-bye" part. Why is it the most painful? It is because we got along well and is really close to each other now and we only spent two hours together then it's "bye-bye". And why is it the happiest? It is the happiest part for I know my help is really appreciated and I know she learned something from me. I really wanted to do things like this and it came true.

There's only one important thing I've learned in this activity. I learned that even as a student, I can help in my little own way. And my help will surely be put into good use.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment