6.14.2012

100% Smoke Free. Or is It?


Have you seen these signs anywhere? Where are they usually seen? Jeepneys, and other public transportation. I kind of emphasized on Jeepneys - well, I know you know why.

I usually dislike smelling cigarette smoke, but then who does? I even tell my mom to get at least a couple of feet away from me when she does smoke. One sniff of it, and I feel my lungs crumbling into pieces. A couple of minutes more, I'd expect them to be completely gone - into ashes. People, ranging from toddlers to senior citizens, board the jeep almost everyday. Inhaling the smoke from exhaust pipes from other vehicles is bad enough. What more having an almost daily dosage of second hand smoke too? Well, it just contains four times the toxic from smoke outside. How bad could it be right? I don't remember anything about the jeepney drivers having the immunity to this. Just plain insensitive.

Come on! They can just have a yosi break after a couple of trips. Are they that generous - generous enough to share lung cancer? I mean, jeepney drivers, you can keep your lung cancer all you want. We don't want any part of it. It's all yours. Congratulations!


No comments:

Post a Comment