9.12.2012

Dream Journal 003

Have you ever seen an almost typical horror movie ending? The type where we think it's over and the heroine is seemingly travelling to safety and then the film reveals it's not? They say dreams are the journeys your soul has gone, and yes this dream was definitely a journey. A journey to safety - or not.


I was sitting in the backseat with my jaws resting on my palms, as I watch the trees pass by my window. I didn't know the driver, nor was I able to get a glimpse of his face. He has sideburns thick enough to patch a bald man's scalp. He was wearing a khaki explorer outfit (you know what i'm talking about). And this was all I knew about him. Soon, I dozed off...
I suddenly got a bird's eye view, but still I didn't get to see the whole thing that happened - or maybe i just couldn't remember. All I remember was the car went skidding to a stop.
I opened my eyes to see blood on the driver's clothes. I got up and checked up on him. He was a dead. A shard of glass pierced through his neck, with blood still gushing out of his wound. It was clear he was dead. He couldn't have been able to survive all the blood loss. The car was now placed sideways in the middle of the road. What hit us? Who did this? I thought. The hood was puffing smoke. It wasn't safe. I got out of the car and suddenly I went crouching against the car. I was hiding from something. I didn't know what I was hiding from, but I knew I was hiding from something. I felt my heart beat like the drums of war, and I felt sweat running through my pores. I need to get out of here. As I went to check sideways to find an escape route, I noticed something. The left front tire. It was hit by an arrow - a large arrow. I panicked. I knew I needed to get out fast to survive. Even though I didn't know what I was running from, I knew I had to get out of there. I looked to my left to see the savanna. Bad idea. I would be dead by the time I reach civilization - if there were any. I looked to my right to see a long lane of maroon fence, and a gate nearby. Better. I ran as fast I could and entered the gate...

I'm doomed...
I'm dead...
The other side of the gate was all hell. It was a rectangular pool of dead bodies, lying on top of each other, with large arrows pinned through their backs. They were the same arrow as the one that got the left front tire of the car. I felt a grip on my left shoulder. It was wet. I got to watch my yellow shirt turn orange. Blood. I looked sideways to see a good-as-dead man, naked, holding my shoulder. There were blood dripping from the hole on his stomach. He fell to the floor. Died. There was no way out. If I went back, I'm good as dead. Suddenly, I heard a soft creaking. It was the gate..
Did I survive? I didn't know. It was an open ending I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment