10.26.2012

Dream Journal 004

I had a nightmare a while ago, and I thought of sharing it to you guys. I wanted to tell it the normal narrative way but then I was so inspired that I felt it would be a waste if I didn't write it in a poem. Here it goes:

It was after school,
"Get home immediately" was the rule;
As I approached, I breathed deep,
And smiled. Mom was waiting in our keep;
The walls were white, the roof mahogany,
And a tall white door stood in front of me;
As I entered, everything changed,
It just became very strange;
The place was dark and was filled with reek,
With a brown spiral staircase that ran very deep;
I slowly descended down the stairs,
And on the ground floor I became aware;
A doorway that stood very tall,
A doorway that led to a bright white hall;
It was probably the only light source around,
It was our house, but I was not very proud;
"Where is my mom?" I began to wonder,
Somewhere in the hall, I knew I'd find her;
On each side were olive green chairs,
And at the end was her with her black silky hair;
I ran to her and told her something,
Maybe something not worth remembering;
I looked around. The hall was then filled,
With people that stood perfectly still;
They stood there and looked at me,
It's as if they wanted to kill me;
As fast as I could, I ran away,
I knew I'd die if I would stay;
Before I could get out, a man stood my way,
He grabbed me by the wrist, but I got away;
I ran towards the stairs and looked over my shoulder,
He was following, his eyes filled with anger;
He shouted something over and over,
His shouts then became louder and louder;
Through the long flight of stairs I ran at my best,
But he grabbed my ankle and I fell on my chest;
I turned around and he was there,
Finally killing me with his creepy stare.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment