8.19.2012

A Date With Carla

Carla is a close friend of mine who I consider my soul mate. I met her during our CWTS - Military Science. She was the dark curly haired-fancy-looking-snob girl standing in the corner when I first saw her. It was when I talked to her when I found out that she was basically not what I thought she was. We basically shared everything. We dine at the Flaming Wings almost every after CWTS class and we usually were the noisy ones in the team. We shared gloves, and even utensils during camping. Don't get me started with our camping trip. 


I had packed clothes and towels but I actually forgot the more important ones - utensils and toiletries. I'm thanking Carla for those. Without her, I'd be eating with my bare hands and basically just rinsing my body with plain water. Yuck. I even convinced her to be my Swing competition partner which I still consider was unfair. Two of our competitors were already pro at Swing, well generally social dancing. I choreographed out routine and actually put in some "intimate" moments in it. Well, the crowd did love our performance. So did the judges but I guess it wasn't enough for us to win.



It was months since we last met and I've been dying to see her again. We have been planning malling sessions but they all ended up being thrown straight to the dumps. Weather wasn't actually on our side. It never was. But then, if there's a will, there's a way.


College of Home Economics was having their Japanese Cuisine thingy in their building. They called it Mugen. It was set on Thursday. The tickets were priced at 200php per head. It was worth it. The serving time was from 2.00pm to 3.30pm, and we got in very late - around 2.45, with barely 45 minutes to eat. They welcomed us and presented us our tickets along with an evaluation slip. Our server, Diane accompanied us to our table, the only one left empty. It was just then that I got to observe the place.

The room was painted Red (as far as I remember LOL), and some parts of it were gold clouds painted on them. The left side of the room were wooden frames, where swan origami hung and danced with the wind that was barely there. The table sheets were red, and wooden table mats laid on the four sides of the table. In front of us were sets of forks that differ in sizes and a jar in the center. Two pieces of origami, colored red and yellow, rested inside of it. There was Diane, standing with poise, her hands behind her, as she was waiting for us to settle.

The appetizer was three pieces of toast break with tuna on top of them. A simple dish. I'm not into tuna but I liked it nonetheless. The main dish was spaghetti with seaweeds I believe, and something else I couldn't identify. I grabbed a fork, the fork right opposite me. I noticed that it was the smallest fork, and I looked around to see what others were using.
Tama ba yung fork na ginagamit ko?
I'm actually used to just having ONE fork. I laughed. I always do, when I feel dumb. I just crack myself up.
Ako pa tinanong mo!
We laughed.
That's when I saw this tall, light complexioned, chinese-looking guy. He was serving other tables (darn). Every time I looked at him, he looked away and his lips itched a smile. I actually smiled myself, and Carla noticed.
Bakit? May cute?
Darn, she knew me too well. I chuckled a laugh.
Hindi aah! Kung ano pinag-iisip mo.
I lied. She knew me too well, too well to know what I was thinking in that moment. I changed the topic and promised to tell her everything outside after we're done eating. The dessert was then served. It was a red beans crepe if I recalled right. It was served along with a choco latte.

After eating we filled up the evaluation paper tucked inside a cute charm that resembled the handle of a tea bag. We were supposed to put it on a branch of a leafless bonsai at the door. I placed mine and took a final glimpse at the cute guy then at Carla who was just catching up. She raised her charm (evaluation letter) up high. I kinda looked at her with an eyebrow raised. Where was she planning to put it? Then she just let go of the charm and it didn't even stick to the tree. It went straight to the floor. We both laughed, as she picked it up and placed it on the tree, this time finally successful. We went outside to the rocky path and as I promised, I told her everything. I looked behind me, to see if he might be there. But he wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment