8.18.2012

Dream Journal 001

I didn't know why, whether we had a financial problem or I had trouble with my grades, but I just woke up finding out that my dad transferred me to this college - unnamed.

It was night, probably because I had the night shift. I was walking the wet cobblestones in a dark alleyway until an olive gate stood tall in front of me. It was illuminated by a single light bulb on the ceiling. It was the only light source within about ten meters. Beyond the gate was a wide vanilla hallway with ash lockers on both sides. Before I made a step, a familiar voice said hi. I turned around to see that it was one of my high school friends, one of my close friends, Jemari. I didn't even know he was studying there. He was wearing a peach body-hugging shirt, beige checkered shorts, and a pair of black Havaianas. His face didn't change at all - the same as I last saw him. Behind him was another friend of mine, Jewvidal. He was wearing a maroon shirt and grey shorts. He stood shy behind Jemari. They invited me to go to the grocery store just around the corner. I said yes.

The grocery store was an ordinary grocery store, nothing special, nothing weird or anything but the fact that there were no cashiers - or at least that's what I saw. The clock above the drinks section struck 8pm and I knew I had to leave. I didn't bother to inform Jemari and Jewvidal that I would be leaving as they were busy checking out the snacks section of the store. I left the place, but a hand got hold of my collar. It was Jemari and Jewvidal stepping outside as well.

"Where are you going?" asked Jemari.
"It's 8, I have class."
"You don't need to attend class,"
"It's my first day, and I'm gonna cut class?" my tone rose, "no way."

I walked away and took a last glimpse behind me. Jemari went inside, but Jewvidal just stood there. He was staring at me. Silent.

I went to the principal's office (I didn't even know there were still principals in college, but hey it's a dream). The principal's desk was on the center of the large room and behind it was three doors. They were classrooms. Weird architecture, weird arrangement. The principal approached me with a smile. She was wearing glasses, a peach polo, and a black skirt.

"What is it dear?" she asked.
"I don't know my section,"
"Okay, I'll find the best section." Wow, favoritism?

It took her 20 seconds before she came back. She smiled and swayed her hands, pointing towards the middle door behind her desk. I believe that was my section.

I entered to see a pool of unfamiliar faces, a mesh of different colors, and fortunately, a friend. He was one of my best friends, Paul. He was wearing his usual blue shirt and a pair of jeans. As he noticed me, he ran towards me and squeezed me. We were shouting, like little girls who haven't seen each other for decades. It's just we couldn't believe we were classmates again after six years. A teacher entered, a male - wearing a brown polo, black slacks, and leather shoes. He seemed vaguely familiar, but I didn't care. I took the vacant seat in the front row. 

Our teacher began teaching simple mass balance exercises. WTF. I'm in my third year, and they're just starting to learn about mass balance. I knew I was wasting my time. I already knew that. I didn't have to relearn it all over again. I knew I needed to get out of there. I needed to get back to UP. I looked around me and my classmates were all staring at me. I didn't even got to see Paul. It's as if he vanished. My vision began to blur until my dad suddenly came in. He looked at me, probably checking on how I was doing, coping with my classmates and lessons. Before he could get out, I called him.

"When will you get me back in UP?" I asked.
He didn't reply. My eyes started getting teary; my vision, blurry. I didn't like the place. I didn't deserve to be there. I deserved to be back in UP. My vision went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment