6.07.2011

Enrollment Experience

Okay, I know, I know.. I'm not good with titles, but as it suggests, it's about my recent enrollment experience..

This was my schedule before the enrollment. You see the long break, the great white gap between subjects? That isn't my break time or anything. CRS, our online pre-enlistment module, wasn't kind enough to give me all the 16 units I need for the school's next semester. I was only granted 10 units (not counting my PE and CWTS). O.o

That was me, being kinda lucky. YES! I'm lucky enough to have 10 units granted. But my what I'm afraid of is.. WAITING IN LINE for a LOOOOOONG time.

June 7th Daylight

I set my three alarms to make sure I wake up. One at 5am, another at 5:30am and another one at 5:45am. My last alarm did the job.

I stood up, and grabbed some bread and made myself a cup of coffee. I took a bath while I let my coffee get cold. I needed to be fast. My goal: to be there before 8:30am. I got dressed - I wore my new shirt :> :> - and drank my coffee. It was already 7:20am. I really needed to go.

Good thing, it wasn't traffic on my to school that I got there at around 8:15am. Still plenty of time! :)

I got things prioritized. I still need two subjects: Chem 28/31 [5 units] and Physics 72 lab [1 unit]. Of course, I'd put Chemistry as my first priority. I went to PH1100 where the enlistment for chem subjects are taking place. There were a few people there, considering it was still minutes before 8:30am. Well it wasn't long before the enlistment started and I opted to look for available Chem 28 classes. Unfortunately, there were none.T_T I walked out of the room. But I just knew that I shouldn't go without getting anything. There were few people inside and I'm not letting the chance of enlisting me a chem class go away just like that. I knew I had to go back. I walked back in and chose to look for Chem 31 classes. Luckily there were a quite few with available slots left, but none would fit my schedule. Chem lec and lab came along with only one class together. I asked the person assigned for Chem 31 if she could separate the lec and lab to give me a chance of getting the subject. Luckily, she did. And I got me a Chem 31 class! YAY! <3

Next stop: Physics 72 lab. It was around 8:45am and I expected everything to get finished at around 12 noon. But no T_T. There was this tricoll thingy, something where people with courses within the colleges of CSSP, CAL, and CS were prioritized. DARN! I had to wait 'til 1pm till regular enlistment begins.

~~~~':':'~~~~~~~TIME SKIP!!~~~~~~~~':':'~~~~~

We were there, crowded like chickens inside the main entrance of the NIP building, waiting for the queue numbers to be given to us. She gave it away by student number! o.O O.o okay, what about the people who got there earlier with student numbers 2010-9****?! unfair huh?

She prioritized people with student numbers 2000-2009 which is okay with me, but when it came to our batch, it was just unfair! She called in the people with student numbers 2010-0****, then 2010-1****, then 2010-2****, then STOPPED! okay, I still could handle it.

After around an hour she came back then called in people with student numbers 2010-0**** AGAIN!!! then had to pause since there was no queue numbers left. DARN!

After quite a number of minutes she came back, called in the older students first then decided to continue calling students with student numbers 2010-3****. FINALLY! My student number was 2010-51393. Then soon, i finally got my own queue number. It was "8". The queue numbers were up to 190 and they were still serving i think 70 that time.. I just couldn't remember right. And this was the start of HELL for me.I waited till around 4pm til my number was called only to find out there were NO SLOTS LEFT!! /wrist!

I waited there for around 4 hours FOR NOTHING. T_T Anyway, this was my new schedule I got.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment