1.21.2012

Gravy Fix!

My friends and I agreed to go to Gravy Fix along Katipunan after our CWTS class. Gravy Fix's specialty would be their varying types of gravy you can order along with the food. They got Home Style Gravy, Herb and Garlic, Cajun, Mushroom Duet, Tipsy Gravy, Juan de la Sarsa(?). We agreed on getting three different types of gravy and then we'll try each other's. The waitress smilingly approached us, with her khaki polo and apron, and said that gravy refills are FREE!!!. We could even get another gravy if we ask for a refill. So that sparked an idea - us getting a refill and asking for a another type of gravy til we tasted them all. :)

Judges: Me, Carla Buenaflor, and Audrey Raposa :)) =))

▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #1: Home Style Gravy ░░▒▒▓▓
Okay this would be like the basic gravy they have.
If you like some simple-tasting, delicious gravy,
this is the one for you!
[[Audrey's fave]]

▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #2: Cajun ░░▒▒▓▓
This one is filled with spices mixed together in a
very tasty gravy. The flavors are rich and they
blend in good. As I said, this is like Bollywood
edition LOL. Nah, just reminds me of the spices
they use in Saudi Arabia


▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #3: Herb and Garlic ░░▒▒▓▓
This one produces a bland, but unique taste. If you're
not into flavorful dips, this one is for you.


▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #4: Tipsy Gravy ░░▒▒▓▓
We actually didn't order this one a while ago as
my friends and I have already tried this once. It's
a gravy with red wine in it. I'm not sure, but I
don't think I like the taste of gravy and red wine
together. Maybe it's just me. If you want gravy
and alcohol together, then woot this one is for you!

▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #5: Mushroom Duet ░░▒▒▓▓
We actually looked at the ingredients and found out
that this one contained a kind of wine. But the wine-y
flavor didn't actually shine as it blended greatly with
the mushroom-y part of the gravy.
[[my personal fave]]
[[Audrey's Fave]]

▓▓▒▒░░ Gravy #6: Juan de la Sarsa(?) ░░▒▒▓▓
Pinoy style gravy! Yeah!! But really, it's a gravy with
Mang Tomas. Still tastes sweet and good though ^_^


Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment