1.23.2012

RE: Retribution INFO

You can watch the promo/trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4042498329/


From what I could see, the movie's gonna be action packed. Giant tyrants chasing them off, apocalypse, and stuff. But what surprised me was the appearance of Michelle Rodriguez. Yes I know she would be returning to reprise her role as Rain Ocampo. If you could all remember, she turned into a zombie in the first RE movie after minutes of getting bitten. So I was expected to see her a zombie this time. But no! If you watched the trailer, she's purely HUMAN!! Well I believe she's cloned. Here's the proof:

Q: We talked to Oded Fehr a little bit earlier and he was saying how you're playing a dual role in this movie and how you're defying your usual roles and playing that up a bit. Can you talk more about that?

A: Yeah, that was fun. Well, basically Paul's original idea was that a UPS worker would be one of the clones and then we got together and we started to brainstorm and we came up with this juxtaposition of me playing a tomboy all the time and he said, "wouldn't it be nice to see you feminine, Michelle?" And I was like, "yes, that would be nice before it all wrinkles up and I can't use it anymore." So I figured I'd might as well do it. I threw on some high heels, added a nice little 'hippy twist' to the whole thing and before you know it, I'm driving a Prius in "zombieland." It was pretty cool.

Q: What are some of the challenges of oscillating back and forth between "Good Rain" and "Bad Rain"?

A: You know, I find it kind of fun because I've played the same character for so long that it's kind of like I am always an exaggerated version of my angry side. I'm so comfortable with her that it was kind of cool and fun to play something awkward and different- someone who is quirky and doesn't know how to handle a gun and someone who is curious. I kind of feel like an audience member while playing that character because I'm like "what the hell is going on here? Why are you dressed like a superhero? How come there are dead people walking around on the streets?"

Source: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/51856/set-visit-interview-michelle-rodriguez-talks-resident-evil-5-upcoming-fast-furious-6-and-

So she's gonna play "Good Rain" and "Bad Rain". And woooooot! I can finally see Michelle Rodriguez playing girly girly again! :)

We also get to see Ada Wong, Leon Kennedy, Barry Burton (RE1), and yes, JILL VALENTINE. Can't wait to see her being bad and kick-ass.

Sienna Guillory's (Jill Valentine) Interview:
I know the fights are more complex for this one, like how much more physicality do you get to do?
 Guillory: So much more. This fight sequence is over 200 moves which is like longer than a fight sequence in The Bourne Identity was. It’s immense. It was brilliant and I’ve been working on it every day since we got here and I’m very happily whittling away too. It’s a very beautiful fight and it’s all sorts of- well, they’re trying to incorporate things that have never been done before with weapons that haven’t been done already and using aerial moves- it is quite poetic actually.
The opening move is one of Jill Valentine’s melee moves where she throws herself up in the air and spins around, then lands and kicks guns around, then flips and goes into a beautiful fight that evolves into just a brutal, nasty fist fight which is kind of great.
Tell us where Jill has been since Apocalypse because she’s seemed to have undergone a transformation of sorts.
Guillory: Well, in the game she’s been captured by Wesker and he’s put the boob-ament (the spider) on which controls her. There’s actually, for someone who’s completely inept at these things- well, I’m not very good at video games. So you can watch all the movie moments of Jill’s on YouTube and you can really see her, feel her and get a sense of who she is and what her story is. And there are these moments where they finally de-scarab her and she says ‘you know, I was aware of everything I was doing but I couldn’t do anything to stop it.’ So this kind of an indication that she’s in this inner turmoil, which I think is kind of great and I’m glad we’ve got places here where we can play with that. But here we are where Jill is under Umbrella control and she’s the baddie.


Can't wait!


Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment